Cats are mammals that reproduce by birth, and their young remain within the mother’s custody for a period of your time a minimum of two months, during which the mother nurses them, takes care of them, and protects them from dangers, after which the kittens become ready to depend upon themselves. she will eat alone, and protect herself to some extent, then complete her growth and adulthood, she leaves her mother to require over her affairs on her own.
But within the event that the mother dies, or refuses to breastfeed one among the young, for instance, results of |thanks to|attributable to”> due to a change within the smell of the small one as a result of being carried by an individual or a weird animal, in such cases the young may become in real danger threatening their lives, and since cats usually sleep in residential quarters among humans, they’re often She is fortunate to seek out people that look after her and look out of her, but raising a baby isn’t a simple matter, and a number of other things must be taken under consideration when raising it to stay in healthiness and during this article evidence of the methods of raising newborn kittens.
How to feed the kitten tools
The way to feed the kitten Tools the subsequent points must be taken under consideration when employing a bottle to feed a kitten.
- you would like a bottle and straws specially designed for cats that make the small one breastfeed exactly as if he was breastfeeding from his mother, and as within the breastfeeding of youngsters there’s a regulator under the straw that controls the quantity of liquid beginning of the breastfeeding and adjusts it at a medium rate, it’s possible to use the syringe as a substitute, but the perfect bottle is simpler to handle.
- Care must be taken to sterilize the child’s tools to stay safe; each bit is washed separately, and it’s preferable to sterilize it with steam or boiling water.
Preparing the milk
If the milk may be a liquid, open the package and fill the bottle with the acceptable amount consistent with the table below, but if it’s dry, you ought to read the instructions on the box about the proportions of blending with water Because a coffee concentration of milk harms the health of the young, and reduces the proportion of food and minerals that he takes from the meal, while a high concentration harms his intestine.
|The number of meals Age|
|2.5 ml every 2 hours. 1 – 3 days|
|5 ml 10 times a day. 4 – 7 days|
|5 – 7.5 ml 10 times a day. 8-10 days|
|10 – 12.5 ml, once every 3 hours. 11-14 days|
|10 ml, eight times a day. 15 – 21 days|
|25 ml, four times a day, with the Greater than 21 day|
beginning of serving him solid food.
It’s important to follow the subsequent steps to take care of the health of the small one during breastfeeding:
- The small one should be kept warm during feeding. The cold makes the milk stay for extended hours in its stomach and annoys it, and it’s possible to isolate the cat’s house and put a warm bottle thereunder or a predicament box to take care of its temperature, but it must be wrapped with a towel so as to not burn the little’s skin, and replace it when needed to stay the small one warm.
- An appropriate chair with a towel wrapped around the knee of the one that will breastfeed is placed, then the small one is carried and placed during a position suitable for the bottle as if he were to breastfeed from his mother; Where his head is straight, his feet are down, and his stomach is lying down, and when trying to breastfeed the cat for the primary time, a drop of milk is drawn from the top of the syringe or straw and rounded from the mouth of the small one; His sense of smell is robust and he will attempt to reach the source of the smell of milk and put his mouth there.
- When handling a bottle, an attempt should be made to push it – but gently and without effort – into the child’s mouth, then his instinct will help him to continue breastfeeding, but if a syringe is employed, you’ll press gently thereon in order that the milk falls into the child’s mouth and sucks it, and don’t put an outsized amount of milk in his mouth. Because he may suffocate with it, he cannot control the breastfeeding process, and he must breastfeed very quietly and slowly.
- The position of the kid is extremely important, because it shouldn’t be placed on his back completely during breastfeeding, and it must be placed on something comfortable, and his head shouldn’t rise during breastfeeding in order that nothing of the milk leaks into his lungs causing infections.
- You ought to not provide quite needed, and it’s possible to watch the fullness of his stomach by pressing on the abdomen.If the stomach rises and appears solid, then breastfeeding should be stopped immediately, albeit the small one remains posing for food, and if the small one eats less than his need, it doesn’t matter, so he must stop at his desire and check out to feed him again after he rests.
- Keep calm when breastfeeding a youngster; in order that he feels comfortable and takes what he needs, especially when breastfeeding for the primary time.
- The cat must be burp to urge out of the air in his stomach, by carrying him and placing his back within the palm of the hands of the one who breastfeeds it, while massaging his stomach with the opposite hand to bring out the air in his stomach, and sometimes the stool comes out, and this is often a superb sign of his health.
- After each meal, the mother cat usually licks the body of her baby, especially the anus and genitals, to stimulate her to urinate and excrete, in order that this waste doesn’t remain inside the body of the small one and harm him. The feeding process, and without it, the cat gets sick from the buildup of feces inside it.
- This process continues until the cat is in a position to feed itself.
- The young are often weaned from the bottle as soon as he reaches the age of 4 weeks, and by beginning to provide him with solid food, and this will be known by observing the young.If the bite became absorbent feeding this is often a positive signal, and if small didn’t show the will to eat solid food when presenting the quantity of can be added to him a few; this is often to encourage him and to form his food softer, and it’s preferable to go away the food ahead of the small one to possess fun by nibbling it whenever he wants while beginning to gradually reduce milk meals in exchange for solid food.
- At the age of seven weeks, the small ones are going to be ready to fully depend upon food.
What to think about when breastfeeding a kitten
it’s important to concentrate to the following:
- Milk is fresh and fresh for each meal and free from preservatives. Because the immunity of newborn cats isn’t strong, any contamination within the milk causes the young to become ill.
- you ought to not use the microwave or direct heat to form milk and use a predicament bath instead.
- The milk must be moderately hot with a blood heat between 38 – 37 degrees Celsius, and it is often tested by placing drops of it on the rear of the hand, if it’s neither cold nor hot, then it’s appropriate. Because the cold annoys the young, and therefore the hot burns their mouth
Methods for caring for a newborn cat
checking out a mother
The primary attempt which will be made to caring for a kitten is to seek out another mother to require care of him, and this is often the simplest thing which will be done if it’s available, and it’s possible to review the sanctuaries or places of raising and caring for cats to seek out a mother who takes care of the young.
Because milk remains the simplest for the young, the foremost capable of nourishing them and raising their immunity, and since cats are the foremost capable of raising their young, but you want to be very careful and careful that some cats are hostile to any young alien to them.
The new mother may refuse to breastfeed the small one, and maybe attempt to harm him, in order that they must be watched carefully when putting them together, until they get along or until the mother refuses the small one, then another alternative is often looked for.
The simplest thanks to combining a cat with the kittens of another cat are to isolate the mother from her young, then put the strange cat between them, and with the small ones sticking together in order that the scent of the opposite young will transfer to the strange cat, and after an hour, for instance, when the mother returns, you’ll not feel a weird smell, and this manner you accept the new baby She breastfeeds him together with her young and takes care of him.
Offer milk for the small one
If the young mother refuses and it’s impossible to get another mother, then an individual must take over this task, by choosing suitable milk and presenting it to the young, and what’s suitable for cats is cat milk only, and cow’s milk can’t be used for this purpose,
because it harms the health of the small one, and from it’s likely to cause diarrhea, dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and long-term health problems thanks to the weakness of its structure resulting from malnutrition,
and therefore the severe lack of food in cow’s milk in reference to what the kittens need, so in practice, the small one will remain hungry and feel in need of food until he dies.
A substitute for the cat can be purchased from pet food stores, or via the web, and cat milk could also be available in several commercial forms, including liquid and dry. Instructions explaining the acceptable method of use for these products are provided on the box, including the right dosage amount, and therefore the ratio of blending with water.
Milk cartons with printed cardboard boxes (suitable for cats) are not useful for nursing kittens.
Because it is prepared from cow’s milk after removing the lactose sugar from it, it can be presented to older cats without causing any harm to health, but they will remain poor in food for a small cat.
A one-time temporary solution
When there is no possibility of obtaining milk, the best solution (within these circumstances) is to boil water and add a spoonful of ground glucose sugar to it and present it directly to the young person, especially if he is hungry, and this meal is provided only once without relying on it in the long term and aims only to provide more It takes time to find a source of cat milk, as rice water can be used to enrich it with nutrients,
and its ability to provide the young with energy, and to provide water to the young is better than leaving him suffering from dehydration and lack of food,
and better than providing cow’s milk with bad side effects, but it will leave the cat to starve in the Long term.